Corporate training is sometime perceived as a waste of time and money: off-the-shelf curriculum can be expensive and rarely addresses the specific issues and situations each company has to deal with. Then, there is the risk that the money you spend training your employees essentially allows them to become more marketable, and you risk seeing them leave to go help your competition. But reality does not reflect this at all...
In fact, there is hardly anything more critical to your business than to offer regular training to your organization. In today's environment, many employees do not have the skills necessary to help their company succeed in the next 18 months to three years. Training is therefore a necessity, not a luxury.
Axellium has award winning educators and instructional designers who develop customized programs (single or multi-session courses) designed to address our clients' specific needs and challenges.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER A TRAINING PROGRAM?
There are both financial and non-financial reasons to care about offering regular training opportunities to your employees. A few key statistics:
- Replacing an employee can cost as high as 150% of annual salary for each employee that needs to be replaced
- 76% of employees want opportunities for career growth, and would welcome training to help them get there
- 40% of employees who receive poor job training leave their positions in the first year
In addition to playing a significant role in employee retention and growth, well designed training programs can lead to positive outcomes for organizations, among others:
- Sales and product knowledge training can lead to increased revenue and market share
- Service training can lead to improved customer experience and brand loyalty
- Innovation training encourages new ways of thinking, potentially leading to new products and services
WHEN SHOULD YOU CONSIDER CORPORATE TRAINING?
Virtually every area of business management and operations can benefit from regular, environment-specific, up-to-date training. From executive management to sales teams, from marketing to information technology and operations, best practices are in constant evolution and training is essential to ensure your teams remain relevant and well positioned to help your company grow.
- Executive development
- Managerial and supervisory skills
- Best practices, processes and procedures
- Sales, customer service and support functions
- Knowledge of products and services
- Information technology and systems
- Interpersonal skills
- Employee orientation programs
HOW DO OUR TRAINING PROGRAMS WORK?
Every training program we develop is built to your specific needs. We follow a multi-step process that validates training needs in context of your company's objectives, culture and other considerations to make sure our programs deliver maximum impact.
In order to keep costs down and to maximize employee participation and buy-in, we leverage your own resources and talent wherever possible.
In cases where you do not have resources available, Axellium can step in as needed with instructional designers, editors, translators, writers and subject matter experts, illustrators, event coordinators, online delivery platforms etc. to provide a seamless experience and ensure successful outcome.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN YOU EXPECT FROM OUR TRAINING?
There are many benefits to implementing a structured training program, but they can all be summarized in the following categories:
- Improved employee skill sets
- Improved strategic alignment
- Improved employee participation
- Improved employee retention
- Improved product and service quality
- Improved customer satisfaction