On average, people add 1 lb. of extra weight every year. Does your business?
As businesses transform and grow, new people, locations, products and services come into play. Complexity increases, and effectiveness and efficiency become much more difficult to achieve. Creativity, agility and speed take a backseat to getting things done.
What can your business do to reconnect with its younger, more efficient self?
Sweeping top-down cost-cutting measures (the business equivalent to binge dieting) rarely work. Process improvement is a cost-effective way to identify and implement lasting changes aligned with your objectives.
HOW DO WE HELP IMPROVE YOUR PROCESSES?
We collect, document and analyze your current processes, leading to improvements that are aligned with your strategy, culture and objectives. In doing so, we:
- Account for activities, and also many other elements that impact your processes: people, systems, locations, business rules, inputs, outputs, frequency, timing;
- Analyze root causes for every issue we identify, and establish correlations across the enterprise to ensure our recommendations address the real problems;
- Consider your company's vision, strategic plan, goals and objectives, history and culture when determining change options to maximizes the chances of adoption;
- Develop all documentation required to facilitate change management, including RACI matrix, procedures, process models, organizational structures;
- Build an implementation plan so execution is problem free.
WHY DOES PROCESS IMPROVEMENT MATTER?
Process complexity is increasing faster than our ability to adapt. More people need to collaborate, more information analyzed, more technology used and more process steps implemented just to get the job done.
- 67% of us report a significant increase in how much collaboration is needed to do our job: need to interact with over 10 people daily (recent CEB blog);
- Most of us need to process more than 3 x the amount of information we used to have to deal with, due to advances in connectivity and technology (same article);
- In another survey (Paragon Solutions), 58% said the biggest operational problem was being "stuck-in-process", or the inability to improve or influence the day-to-day rut;
- The multiplicity of technology solutions is also making things more complex: for example, marketers regularly use over 100 software programs.
How do you make it all work seamlessly together? Process improvement initiatives are the only way to methodically address the realities of a constantly changing and increasingly complex business landscape.
WHEN IS PROCESS IMPROVEMENT NEEDED?
There are many situations when process improvement can have a measurable impact on operations, proactively or reactively:
- Ahead of major transformation initiatives such as introducing a new technology solution or replacing an old one;
- In preparation for corporate move from one location to another;
- In anticipation of introducing a new product or service line;
- In support of efforts to optimize resources (human or other);
- In response to measured productivity losses (human or other);
- In support of any change management initiative.
WHAT CAN PROCESS IMPROVEMENT DO FOR YOU?
Process improvement is a mindset that translates into a different approach to doing business, proactively anticipating and addressing issues rather than after they become institutionalized and much more challenging to resolve.
Process improvement provides a number of key benefits including:
- Reduced exposure to financial and operating risk;
- More productive and engaged workforce;
- Clearer understanding of business operations;
- The ability to implement change faster and more smoothly;
- More informed decision making etc.